It can sometimes be good to work 1 to 1 to work on a problem that has developed with your puppy, adolescent, rescue or adult dog. Sessions can take place on weekdays or weekends.
training deals with the basics of teaching new things, but sometimes we have gone beyond basic training. Howver, it may be that we don't feel the need to go down the route of a full Behaviour Consultation
(this will be discussed at your initial chat on the phone), but we do need to do some work to help resolve a problem or stop it developing into something more serious.
Problem Solving Consultation £130
Our Problem Solving Consultation follows a simple process:
- Step One: Call to book in your appointment and we can have a chat to ensure this is best option for you. I will then send you an email detailing what to do next - pay for your consultation and return a simple online form. I also encourage you to send me some relevant videos to give me a picture of your dog's behaviour.
- Step Two: Our two hour consultation where we will start to address the issues and give you some strategies to work on.
- Step Three: I will send a summary report viar email and suggestions for next steps, but I also encourage people to write their own notes. Either clients or I can film short sections of the training. Often we might film a summary of what we have worked on. Note that any filming must not be broadcast or shared without written consent. I also have access to lots of videos and resources that can be sent through to you via email after sessions as applicable.
From there you can book Support Sessions to help you reach your goal.
If you live a further distance you may want to think about a 1/2 day, an approximately three hour Problem Solving Consultation in person session. It follows the same process, but a longer consultation time at a cost of £200 plus travel. Please call to discuss.
After your initial consultation, I offer a flexible structure so that we can put together the right plan for you and your dog. You buy some training time, and we use that up in the most appropriate way for you. Whether that is just an hour, or three, five, ten or more hours, we can divide the time up for you in the most suitable way. For example, five hours could be 5 x 1 hour sessions, or 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, or any combination in between. The minimum time for in person sessions is 45 minutes in St Just, 60 minutes at other locations and for online 30 minutes. We book in the time, but if we feel we need more time in a session, and diaries allow, we can simply use up some more minutes from your package.
£50 - 1 hour / 60 minutes
£145 - 3 hours / 180 minutes
£240 - 5 hours / 300 minutes
£475 - 10 hours / 600 minutes
Or if you would like me to put together a bespoke package, do get in touch.
What would you like to work on?
The sorts of problems this is suitable for are:
- over arousal around people or dogs
- the typical adolescent not listening to you,
- barking and frustration in the home,
- new dog arriving and multi-dog relationships,
- a rescue dog struggling to adapt to a new home,
- a puppy displaying worrying behaviours,
- or a dog stressing about going in the car,
- ... or any other abnormal behaviour that you feel is developing.
Where do these sessions take place?
Sessions can be at our training centre in St Just, Last Chance Animal Sanctuary at Chacewater, online, or at your own location. If I am travelling to you, or to Chacewater as a specific journey for your training, travel costs will apply. Please ask for details.
How to book
If you would like to book, please first call Carolyn and we will book in your Problem Solving Consultation. Then you can pay by using the BOOK NOW button above.
If you would like to have a chat first, that's fine, I offer a free 15 minute call to briefly talk about your challenges and ensure you have the right option. Just call or message me and we can set something up.
Support Sessions will be put in the diary at the time of booking and any extra travel costs added.
Bespoke packages are available.
If you would like to find out more, email [email protected] or call Carolyn on 07815 167247.
Why choose me?
An experienced trainer and behaviour counsellor can be invaluable in helping you through the more serious challenges with your dog. It is good to get help from someone qualified in behaviour with a vast amount of experience - I have worked with thousands of dogs over the years. It's not about quick fixes, but by utilising my extensive experience and getting it right we can get quick and effective results. I offer practical and non-judgmental advice. I know how to put in emergency procedures, preventative measures, solve problems, and prevent problems from escalating. Most importantly, all training is kind to both you and your dog.