Does your dog come back when called? Whatever the distractions? Do you get frustrated, embarrassed or just downright fed up because you have to go get your dog back?
2 hour workshops, St Just
My workshops are a little bit different to a lot of workshops on recall, partly because we are lucky that we can work off lead with most dogs, and partly the approach. You work with your dog, and watch others working with thiers. Before and throughout the workshop you build your own individual plan to include:
- Where you are now - what is happening and why it is happening.
- Where you want to be - your goal, you decide the specifics of what you would like to work on.
- How you get there - you put together your individual plan to build a reliable recall to include management (what to do while you are working on it).
You will get access to relevant videos and a worksheet on how to build your plan. Limited to a small group of dogs so that you get individual help, we will work on what YOU need to work on with your dog. Attend just one workshop to set you on the right path, or book on to multiple workshops to help build your skills and practise amongst relevant distractions in a safe environment.
Examples of what we work on can include (depending on the needs of the individuals in the group):
- building a consistent recall cue
- ensuring you are reinforcing your dog with what they want
- self-control when your dog is struggling to respond
- chase recall
- emergency stops
and so much more.
Dogs need to be happy wearing a harness for this workshop as we may be working some of the time on long lines. They also need to be happy being left in the car as we work with each dog individually. Dogs who may get over-excited, frustrated, or struggle around other dogs can be accommodated - if you have any concerns give me a call on 07815 167247.
The class is held outdoors so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Full details of what to bring with you will be supplied in your confirmation email once you have booked.