It can sometimes be good to work 1 to 1 to work on a problem that has developed with your puppy, adolescent, rescue or adult dog.
Life Skills training deals with the basics of teaching new things, but sometimes we have gone beyond basic training, but we don't feel the need to go down the route of a full Behaviour Consultation (this will be discussed at your initial chat on the phone). However, we do need to do some work to help resolve a problem or stop it developing into something more serious. Examples include:
- multi-dog relationships,
- a rescue dog struggling to adapt to a new home,
- a puppy displaying worrying behaviours
- or a dog stressing about going in the car
- ... or any other abnormal behaviour that you feel is developing.
Before we meet we will have usually discussed your reasons for needing help on the phone. I may ask you for some further information or to video a particular behaviour before our sessions.
1 to 1 Problem Solving Consultation £120
Additional Support Sessions (after we have completed your initial 90 minute session)
- You fill in an online form detailing the problem(s) you are facing and usually submit some videos to help me understand your dog better.
- Up to 60 minute phone or online session to go through the form, ask further questions, and decide on how the training will be structured. Often you will have things to work on, read or diaries to write after this session.
- 90 minutes practical training either online, or in person local to you, at Chacewater, or at our training centre in St Just.
- Access to relevant training videos.
- A plan will be outlined at your session, but you are encouraged to take your own notes.
1 hour support session - £40
2 hours support session (1 x 2 hours or 2 x 1 hour) - £75
3 hours support session (1 x 3 hours, or 2 x 1.5 hours, or 3 x 1 hour) - £110
5 hours support sessions - £180
We are happy to visit you at home, or to an agreed location. There is no charge for travel within 10 miles of Hayle, anything over 10 miles will be charged at 45p per mile as per normal business practice. We are happy to travel, but this is not always possible so clients at a longer distance will be offered online consultations.