Are you wondering what to do about your dog’s problem behaviour but you can't do an in person session? Do you need some help now to evaluate their behaviour? Do you want to understand a bit more about your dog with a view to the best next steps?
The main purpose of a Behaviour Review is to give you an understanding as to why your dog is behaving the way they are. Think about it as an initial assessment, sometimes a risk assessment depending on your situation. A Behaviour Review covers the 'why' and gives you some strategies for management to help relax and rebalance your dog's behaviour. The Behaviour Review works very well as an online option because it means I can fit you in much earlier and we can start to address any issues you are facing more quickly. You may want to consider a Behaviour Consultation
which includes this first review then goes further in depth continuing the process to start on re-training and helping you and your dog.
Behaviour Review - £180
The Behaviour Review follows a simple process:
- Step One: Call to book in your review date. At this point we can also check this is the right option for you. I will then send you an email with all the information that you need.
- Step Two: You fill in a form and send me some relevant videos to give me a picture of your dog's behaviour. Depending on the issue, you may also need to do a vet visit and / or give permission for me to receive your vet records. After I have reviewed all this information I will have started to formulate a strategy.
- Step Three: In an up to two hour call or zoom or similar, we discuss all the information you have supplied and your goals to help give you an understanding of why your dog is behaving the way they are. We look at risk assessing, management strategies, how to help you and your dog relax, and talk about next steps.
- Step Four: After your appointment I will research as necessary any outstanding questions, write up a report on your dog and the strategies that I believe are appropriate, and give you clear suggestions on next steps.
From there you can book Support Sessions to help you reach your goal.
After your initial Behaviour Review, I offer a flexible structure so that we can put together the right plan for you and your dog. You buy some training time, and we use that up in the most appropriate way for you. Whether that is just an hour, or three, five, ten or more hours, we can divide the time up for you in the most suitable way. For example, five hours could be 5 x 1 hour sessions, or 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, or any combination in between. The minimum time for in person sessions is 45 minutes in St Just, 60 minutes at other locations and for online 30 minutes. We book in the time, but if we feel we need more time in a session, and diaries allow, we can simply use up some more minutes from your package. After each session you will receive an email outlining what we have discussed and giving you any relevant resources.
£60 - 1 hour / 60 minutes
£175 - 3 hours / 180 minutes
£290 - 5 hours / 300 minutes
£575 - 10 hours / 600 minutes
Or if you would like me to put together a bespoke package, do get in touch.
What would you like to work on?
Typically a Behaviour Review might be useful where you want a quick evaluation of your dogs behaviour, an assessment to decide what further options might be applicable, or don't want to commit to a full Behaviour Consultation at this stage. For example:
Where do these sessions take place?
Typically this is an online option, but it may be appropriate in some situations to do an in person assessment.
How to book
If you would like to book, please first call Carolyn and we will book in your Behaviour Consultation. Then you can pay by using the BOOK NOW button above.
If you would like to have a chat first, that's fine, I offer a free 15 minute call to briefly talk about your challenges and ensure you have the right option. Just call or message me and we can set something up.
Support Sessions will be put in the diary at the time of booking and any extra travel costs added.
Bespoke packages are available.
If you would like to find out more, email [email protected] or call Carolyn on 07815 167247.
Why choose me?
An experienced trainer and behaviour counsellor can be invaluable in helping you through the more serious challenges with your dog. It is good to get help from someone qualified in behaviour with a vast amount of experience - I have worked with thousands of dogs over the years. It's not about quick fixes, but by utilising my extensive experience and getting it right we can get quick and effective results. I offer practical and non-judgmental advice. I know how to put in emergency procedures, preventative measures, solve problems, and prevent problems from escalating. Most importantly, all training is kind to both you and your dog.
- Separation anxiety assessment where an in person appointment is not relevant.
- New rescue or new dog concerns.
- Reviewing behaviour to help risk assess and make decisions about whether to keep a pet or not.