Behaviour consultations can help you with your dog with a variety of issues.
This package is appropriate for :
Aggression and reactivity:
dog to human aggression, guarding of resources.
: noise, shadow chasing, repetitive behaviours
: of places, cars, dogs, people, general anxiety.
Hyperactivity and over arousal:
predatory chasing, in house pet relationships
For the following issues please take the links below:
: hyper attachment, separation - see our Separation Anxiety Consultations here
Please speak to Carolyn on 07815 167247 before booking to ensure that you are buying the right package.
My standard Behaviour Consultation
for general behaviour issues is £210. Each case is different, but generally the steps in a behavioural consultation are usually after payment of your deposit:
- History Form: I will send you a form to fill in so that I can gather the full history of your case.
- Videos: Often I will ask for some video to help understand your dog and their behaviour.
- Vet Form: For most cases getting vet records will be part of the process as behaviour problems may arise both directly and indirectly because of concurrent or previous medical issues.
- Phone / Online Consultation: A 60 minute phone or online conversation follows to fill in any gaps in the form, review videos, talk through your goals and to help formulate our plan.
- Further Information: We may need to gather further information at this stage such as video or diary records of behaviour. I may at this stage send you some training to do, control and management to put in place, or some changes to try with your dog.
By this point we will have goals outlined and I will have started to formulate a plan for you. The balance of your consultation fee is payable before the practical sessions.
Practical Training Sessions and Plan
- Consultation: This can take various forms depending on the behaviour and how we plan to approach it. The way I work has changed since lockdown as many people have more flexibility to work in different ways, which can be very beneficial for both the dog and travel time. We will discuss what options work best for you at our initial call. Here are some examples. We have about 3.5 hours to use and that could be:
- More traditional approach is an up to two hour practical session in person to work with your dog with a 90 minute follow up, or two 45 minute follow ups if done via Zoom.
- Typically with reactivity, dogs it might be a 1 hour in person foundation session, with the rest of the time working through the issue with in person sessions.
- If we work via Zoom, this could be split in to shorter sessions of 45 minutes or an hour which gives more opportunities for tweaking behaviours.
- Or a combination of Zoom and in person as defined at our initial call.
- Written Plan: You are encouraged to make your own notes, but you will receive written notes on what we discussed and any supporting documentation, videos taken on the day, pre-prepared video links etc.
Additional Training Support Sessions are available after the follow up session to help you and your dog reach any agreed goals. This can be particularly relevant for longer term and reactivity problems. These can be used as 1 hour sesssions or longer.
- 1 hour support session - £40
- 2 hours of support sessions - £75
- 3 hours of support sessions - £110
- 4 hours of support sessions - £145
- 5 hours of support sessions - £180
- 10 hours of support sessions - £350
NEXT STEPS - to start the process, email [email protected]
or call Carolyn on 01736 788747 or 07815 167247, or register and pay your deposit using the BOOK NOW button above.