Separation Anxiety issues need a very specialised approach. Dogs who have home alone issues often vocalise, are destructive and very distressed. This can be expensive in terms of destruction in your home, and can be distressing for both you and your neighbours.
Please speak to Carolyn on 07815 167247 before booking to ensure that you are buying the right package.
The steps in a Separation Anxiety behavioural consultation are usually an Assessment followed by Training Support sessions to help you reach your goal. The most common question I get asked is 'how long will that take?'. Unfortunately that is an impossible question to answer as it depends on so many factors. Clients usually need training support for a number of months to reach their goal. This is why we have an Assessment followed by a four-weekly Training Support package.
It is important to first ensure that your dog has separation anxiety and not another issue, or mulitple issues that could affect the success of our training.
- Pay your Assessment fee of £100
- I will then send you a form to fill in so that I can gather the full history of your case and a vet referral form so that I can communicate with your vet as necessary. Any video footage you already have of your dog's issue can also be submitted at this stage.
- Up to 30 minute phone conversation to fill in any gaps in the form, or sometimes a short meet and greet, depending on the case.
- An online assessment of your dog's issues. You will need to have a device that we can use to conference call so that I can watch your dog while you go out, and a phone that I can call you on to bring you home. This usually takes up to 90 minutes to complete.
At this point we will be sure that your dog has separation anxiety and can continue to the programme of training and assesments. If I feel any different support is needed, then I will advise at this stage.
Training Support is done via email / calls and over a conference call system such as Zoom or Skype. This is so that I can asssess your dog from the distance and not influence your dog's behaviour.
- Payment £150 for four weeks of separation anxiety training support:
- 4 days of training tasks which should take you no more than 30 minutes per day
- a weekly 30 minute assesment
- online / phone / email support as needed.
- Further support sessions are available at a cost of £150 for four weeks and these may need to continue until your dog is able to be left alone for an appropriate time to fit with your lifestyle.
NEXT STEPS - to start the process, email [email protected]
or call Carolyn on 01736 788747 or 07815 167247, or register and pay your assessment fee by using the BOOK NOW button above.