Do you have a dog that barks and lunges at other dogs? Aggression and reactivity around dogs needs a specialised approach where we can work through the individual issues in a safe and kind way.
Please speak to Carolyn on 07815 167247 before booking to ensure that you are buying the right package.
The steps in a Dog to Dog Reactivity consultation are usually an initial assessment followed by support sessions to help you reach your goal. There can be many reasons why your dog displays the behaviour that concerns you, and it is important that we understand what influences that behaviour and how to help you.
How long will it take to help your dog? Unfortunately that is an impossible question to answer as it depends on too many factors. However, we have clear steps to follow - an assessment, support sessions, and hopefully integration in to one of our classes if appropriate.
Our assessment includes information gathering, a home visit and a practical session, if appropriate, with a stooge dog:
Training Support Sessions
- Pay your deposit of £80 or full Assessment fee of £180.
- I will then send you a form to fill in so that I can gather the full history of your case and a vet referral form so that I can communicate with your vet as necessary. A vet visit to check any medical issues will be required. Any video footage you already have of your dog's issue can also be submitted at this stage.
- Up to 30 minute phone conversation to fill in any gaps in the form.
- If not paid yet, pay your balance of your Assessment fee of £100.
- Home visit of up to 2 hours to meet you and your dog, discuss the practical assessment and go through any training.
- Practical session of up to 1.5 hours usually at a private location working alongside a stooge dog as appropriate - options are Chacewater or St Just, or if you have a safe and enclosed area we can use, that may be fine too.
- I will then send your through some notes from our session and a plan of what I feel we can achieve in support sessions to reach your goal.
Training support is in the form of practical sessions that can be at a venue, or in the vicinity of your own home area, or lurking at classes depending on where we are with your plan. Simply put, you buy time and we use it up as appropriate.
The minimum support package offered for Dog to Dog issues is 3 hours, and typically we may need around 10 hours to work on the issue. 1 to 1 sessions are usually 1 or 1.5 hours, lurking sessions at classes are usually 30 minutes which come out of your plan. For example 10 hours might be made up of:
2 x 1.5 hour sessions
5 x 1 hour sessions
4 x 30 minute lurking sessions
However, each case will be different and we will discuss how we use up your time as appropriate to your dog's needs.
Costs are as follows:
- 3 hours of support sessions - £110
- 4 hours of support sessions - £145
- 5 hours of support sessions - £180
- 10 hours of support sessions - £350
NEXT STEPS - to start the process, email [email protected]
or call Carolyn on 07815 167247.
PLEASE DO CALL BEFORE PAYING YOUR DEPOSIT TO ENSURE WE CAN OFFER YOU DIARY OPTIONS FOR YOUR ASSESSMENT IN THE TIMESCALE THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.