A Behaviour Consultation is the first step in helping you with your dog's more serious challenges. My aim is to help you through the process of understanding your dog, what you can do immediately to help them, and what tactics we can put together as part of a longer term plan to reach your goals. Sessions can take place on weekdays or weekends.
What clients ask me every day is 'Why is my dog behaving like this?' The Behaviour Consultation gets to the bottom this question and gives you immediate and simple strategies to remove stress, rebalance your dogs life, and training as building blocks for solving the problem. From there, the flexibility of the support sessions means that I am able to offer you the help that you need to reach your goals.
Behaviour Consultation - £240
The Behaviour Consultation follows a simple process:
- Step One: Call to book in your consultation dates. At this point we can also check this is the right option for you. I will then send you an email with all the information that you need.
- Step Two: You fill in a form and send me some relevant videos to give me a picture of your dog's behaviour. Depending on the issue, you may also need to do a vet visit and / or give permission for me to receive your vet records. After I have reviewed all this information I will have started to formulate a strategy.
- Step Three: In an up to one hour call or zoom, we review all the information you have supplied and your goals. Very often we will start putting management strategies in place, risk assess the situation, and removew things that are stressing both you and your dog. This call also means that when we meet, we can get straight in to working with your dog.
- Step Four: An up to two hour appointment where we start working with your dog and putting together your Behaviour Plan. The appointment may be a mixture of practical and talking through depending on the issue. We may film sections of it to review, to provide a reminder of any training, or to form part of your plan.
- Step Five: After your appointment I will research as necessary any outstanding questions, write up a report on your dog and the strategies that I believe are appropriate, and give you clear suggestions on next steps.
From there you can book Support Sessions to help you reach your goal.
If you live a further distance you may want to think about a 1/2 day, an approximately three hour Behaviour Consultation in person session. It follows the same process, but a longer consultation time at a cost of £300 plus travel. Please call to discuss.
After your initial Behaviour Consultation, I offer a flexible structure so that we can put together the right plan for you and your dog. You buy some training time, and we use that up in the most appropriate way for you. Whether that is just an hour, or three, five, ten or more hours, we can divide the time up for you in the most suitable way. For example, five hours could be 5 x 1 hour sessions, or 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, or any combination in between. The minimum time for in person sessions is 45 minutes in St Just, 60 minutes at other locations and for online 30 minutes. We book in the time, but if we feel we need more time in a session, and diaries allow, we can simply use up some more minutes from your package. After each session you will receive an email outlining what we have discussed and giving you any relevant resources.
£60 - 1 hour / 60 minutes
£175 - 3 hours / 180 minutes
£290 - 5 hours / 300 minutes
£575 - 10 hours / 600 minutes
Or if you would like me to put together a bespoke package, do get in touch.
What would you like to work on?
Typically the shorts of challenges clients will face are:
- Aggression and reactivity - dog to human aggression, guarding of resources.
- Sensitivities - noise, shadow chasing, repetitive behaviours
- Fearfulness - of places, cars, dogs, people, general anxiety.
- Hyperactivity and over arousal - predatory chasing, in house pet relationships
Where do these sessions take place?
Sessions can be at our training centre in St Just, Last Chance Animal Sanctuary at Chacewater, online, or at your own location. If I am travelling to you, or to Chacewater as a specific journey for your training, travel costs will apply. Please ask for details.
How to book
If you would like to book, please first call Carolyn and we will book in your Behaviour Consultation. Then you can pay by using the BOOK NOW button above.
If you would like to have a chat first, that's fine, I offer a free 15 minute call to briefly talk about your challenges and ensure you have the right option. Just call or message me and we can set something up.
Support Sessions will be put in the diary at the time of booking and any extra travel costs added.
Bespoke packages are available.
If you would like to find out more, email [email protected] or call Carolyn on 07815 167247.
Why choose me?
An experienced trainer and behaviour counsellor can be invaluable in helping you through the more serious challenges with your dog. It is good to get help from someone qualified in behaviour with a vast amount of experience - I have worked with thousands of dogs over the years. It's not about quick fixes, but by utilising my extensive experience and getting it right we can get quick and effective results. I offer practical and non-judgmental advice. I know how to put in emergency procedures, preventative measures, solve problems, and prevent problems from escalating. Most importantly, all training is kind to both you and your dog.