Behaviour consultations can help you with your dog with a variety of issues, and often this does not mean a behaviour counsellor needing to come to you.
For dogs that struggle being on their own
- see our Separation Anxiety Consultations here
For many other behaviours, doing virtual consults works really well. It saves on travel costs and time, which means YOU get more of my time to help you with your issues. Particularly for behaviours in the home where the presence of a behaviour counsellor will change your dog's behaviour, being on the other end of a video call can actually be advantageous. The other main difference is that the follow up help can be broken down in to multiple shorter sessions which can be great for ongoing support. If you are not sure if a Virtual Behaviour Consultation will work for your dog's issue, just give Carolyn a call on 07815 167247.
My standard Behaviour Consultation
fee is £210. Each case is different, but generally the steps in a behavioural consultation are:
- History Form: I will send you a form to fill in so that I can gather the full history of your case and a vet referral form so that I can communicate with your vet as necessary.
- Vet History: Supplied by your vet.
- Filming: Usually on a smart phone is enough, clips to show the behaviour (if appropriate) and any other aspects of life, home, walks etc.
- Phone / Video Call: A 30 to 60 minute phone conversation follows to fill in any gaps in the form and information supplied.
- Further Information: We may need to gather further information at this stage such diary records of behaviour. I may at this stage send you some training to do, control and management to put in place, or some changes to try with your dog.
By this point I should have a good idea of what is going on with your dog, we will have goals outlined and I will have started to formulate a plan for you.
Practical Training Sessions and Report
- Consultation: Usually up to two hour consultation over video link.
- Report: Initial report on what we discussed at our practical session and any supporting documentation, videos etc.
- Follow up Sessions: These are used to check any control and management protocols, review progress with your training plan and resolve any glitches, and to move your training forward. Included will be three up to 90 minute follow up sessions after which I will email through any updates or extra information needed to help you follow your plan.
To start the process, email [email protected] or call Carolyn on 01736 788747 or 07815 167247
- Additional Support Sessions are available after the follow up sessions to help you and your dog reach any agreed goals. This can be particularly relevant for longer term and reactivity problems. Virtual sessions are prices at £25 for the first 45 minutes and £5 per 15 minutes extra to the first 45 minutes.