Terms and Conditions
West Cornwall Dog Training Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions before you make a booking. By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted them. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with West Cornwall Dog Training.
Safety and Housekeeping - Classes
- Family members are always welcome in our classes, but we recommend that only one person trains your dog at a time so as not to confuse. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer. If you are not clear whether you should have your dog on or off the lead when completing an exercise, just ask.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training. The fun of training in a class is likely to excite your dog so keep a firm hold of your lead.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until you are sure whether the dogs will get along.
Safety and Housekeeping - General
- Follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don't use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use NOT human use so please do not use as a human obstacle / hurdling course.
- Pick up after your dogs and do not allow dogs to pee in the training area or on the equipment – accidents do sometimes happen, so let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training and is not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. Depending on location, you may not be able to attend.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will not be tolerated. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads, particulary in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer. In the unlikely event of an altercation between two dogs, stand back and allow the trainer to address it.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Feel free to ask questions. More importantly, have fun and enjoy!!
Bookings, Payments and Cancellations
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking or if paying by cheque, BACS or cash, within 4 working days of your booking form being received. Payments by cheque should be made out to Carolyn Boyd, payments by BACS to Account Name: Carolyn Boyd, Account Branch: 40 47 82, Account Number: 32673061. It is not possible to attend a class or workshop without payment being received unless agreed in advance with West Cornwall Dog Training. We accept payment by PayPal, online BACS, cheque or cash.
- Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you may cancel your purchase within a period of 7 working days beginning on the day after we send your booking confirmation. However, there is no right of cancellation where the course begins within this seven day period.
- Classes with Rolling Starts - once your booking is received we will confirm with you your exact start date and which weeks you will be attending which will then be fixed. We would prefer, but it is not essential, that you book in for 5 consecutive weeks. However, if you know you need to miss a week because you are away, for example, on holiday, let us know when you book and we can make allowances for that when we schedule your weeks. Once these weeks are set, they can only be changed at the discretion of West Cornwall Dog Training.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by post or email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- Cancellation of a booking must be at least 7 days in advance of the workshop date otherwise your booking will be forfeit and you may be charged the full fee.
- Cancellations within 8 to 28 days of the start date payment will be refunded minus a £10 administration charge.
- Cancellations over 28 days before the start date payment will be refunded.
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
- A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class, workshop or date must be made in writing by post or email. Transfers may be made up to 7 days before the start date and will incur no additional fee. However, transfers are subject to availability and West Cornwall Dog Training is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
Course Content and Materials
- West Cornwall Dog Training reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather, we will let everyone know who has booked in by text as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your class. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date. West Cornwall Dog Training will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- Course materials, where relevant, are usually supplied after your course has completed. Follow up emails and course materials are supplied for your personal use and must not be copied or forwarded without permission.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- We send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training. If you do not wish to receive this please either unsubscribe from the newsletter or send an email to [email protected]